Pathologist Investigator Residency / Research Training Program - PIRRT Current Trainees
Rebecca Leeman-Neill, MD, PhD- Graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University MSTP
- Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Pathology with Jennifer Grandis
- Started Pathology residency training in 2010
- PIRRT funded research year: 2011-12 with Dr. Yuri Nikiforov
"The PIRRT program has given me the opportunity to pursue my research interests during residency. As an AP/CP resident, I have completed my first year of residency, including most of the introductory AP rotations…[and spent] this year (my second year) as a PIRRT fellow in Dr. Yuri Nikiforov's lab, researching the possible genetic basis of individual susceptibility to radiation induced thyroid carcinogenesis in a post-Chernobyl cohort."
Jason Cheng-Hsuan Chiang, MD, PhD- Johns Hopkins University
- PhD in Neuroscience with Hongjun Song; Post-doctoral with Guo-li Ming
- National Taiwan University School of Medicine, M.D.
- Started Pathology residency training: 2011
- PIRRT funded research year: TBD
"I always love research. PIRRT program is an excellent combination of both clinical and research training!"