Lydia C. Contis, MD
Dr. Contis is a member of the Division of Hematopathology. Dr. Contis is also the Medical Director,
Hematology Laboratories, UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside,
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, Children's Hospital of UPMC.
Associate Professor of Pathology
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office Telephone: 412-647-0264
Dr. Contis leads efforts in laboratory medicine, technologic innovations in laboratory medicine, adult and pediatric hematopathology, and digital pathology.
- MD - National University of Athens School of Medicine, 1980
Clinical ExpertiseLaboratory medicine, adult and pediatric hematopathology
CertificationsAnatomic and Clinical Pathology
Recent PublicationsView Dr. Contis' publications on PubMed
- Contis LC Body Fluid cell ID Discussion. CAP Survey Participant Summary. CMP-A, BFLD-CM-08 2010
- Contis LC. Normal bone marrow evaluation. CAP Survey Participant Summary Hematology. 2010
- Contis LC. Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia CAP Survey Participant Summary. Heme A/XL-A, BCP/BCK 06-10. 2011
- Contis LC. Plasma cell myeloma. CAP Survey Participant Summary Hematology BMD-A, BMD-07, 2011
- Bradley, K, Contis LC, Rizzo K. AML with myelodysplasia related changes. CAP Survey Participant Summary Hematology. BMD-A. 2011
- Contis, LC Staging for malignant lymphoma in the bone marrow. CAP Survey Participant Summary BMD-B 2011.
- College of American Pathologists: Co-author, CAP, Learning Portal, Competency Model for Pathologists: Bone marrows: Procedure, Handling and Interpretation Section; Reactive conditions, Neoplastic Conditions 1/2012
- Contributor, Gulati G et al. Ed., Case Studies in Hematology and Coagulation, ASCP Press. 2012
- Contributor, Hematology Benchtop reference Guide CAP Press, 2012
- Roth C , Contis L, Gupta S, Agha M, Safyan E. De novo acute myeloid leukemia with Philadelphia chromosome (BCR-ABL) and inversion 16 (CBFB-MYH11): report of two cases and review of the literature. Leukemia and Lymphoma 2011;52:531-535.
- Rollins-Raval M. Raval J. Contis L. Experience with CellaVision DM96 for peripheral blood differentials in a large multi- center academic hospital system. Submitted to the Journal of Pathology Informatics.
- Pantanowitz L, Wiley CA, Demetris A, Lesniak A, Ahmed I, Cable W, Contis L, Parwani AV. Experience with multimodality telepathology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. J Pathol Inform 2012;3:45.
- Pantanowitz, L, Sinard J, Henricks W, Fatheree L, Carter A, Contis L, Beckwith B, Evans A, Otis C, Lal A, Parwani A. Validating Whole Slide Imaging for Diagnostic Purposes in Pathology: Guideline from the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Pathology and Laboratory Quality Center Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine 2013 (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2013;137:early release doi: 10.5858/arpa.2013-0093-CP.