Zhi Qiang Kent Wang, PhD
Research Instructor of Pathology
Dr. Wang is a research instructor in the Department of Pathology.
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Lab Telephone: 412-383-5380
- MSc - 1989, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
- PhD - 2010, Duquesne University
- Molecular mechanisms of signal transduction related to apoptosis and autophagy
- Protein post-translational modification (PTM) and autophagy
- Autophagic and Parkinson disease (PD) mice models induced by genetic approaches
CertificationsProteomics Workshop (National Jewish Health, Denver), 2011
Selected PublicationsView Dr. Wang's publications on PubMed
- Liu A, Gong P, SW Hyun, Wang KZ, Cates EA, Perkins D, Bannerman DD, Puché AC, Toshchakov VY, Fang S, Auron PE, Vogel SN, Goldblum SE. (2012). TRAF6 couples TLR4 signaling to Src family kinase activation and opening of the paracellular pathway in human lung microvascular endothelia. J. Biol. Chem., 287:16132-45.
- Wang K Z, Galson D L, Auron, PE. (2010). TRAF6 is autoinhibited by an intramolecular interaction which is counteracted by trans-ubiquitination. J. Cell. Biochem., 110: 763-71.
- Unlu S, Kumar A, Waterman WR, Tsukada J, Wang KZ, Galson DL, Auron PE. (2007). Phosphorylation of IRF8 in a pre-associated complex with Spi-1/PU.1 and non-phosphorylated Stat1 is critical for LPS induction of the IL1B gene. Mol. Immunol., 44: 3364-79.
- Wang KZ, Wara-Aswapati N, Boch JA, Yoshida Y, Hu CD, Galson DL, Auron PE. (2006). TRAF6 activation of PI3-kinase-dependent cytoskeletal changes is cooperative with Ras and is mediated by an interaction with cytoplasmic Src. J Cell Sci., 119: 1579-91.
- Chen Z, Zhang X, Li M, Wang ZQ, Wieand HS, Grandis JR, Shin DM. (2004). Simultaneously targeting epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase and cyclooxygenase-2, an efficient approach to inhibition of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Clin. Cancer Res., 10: 5930-9.
- Matsuo K, Galson DL, Zhao C, Peng L, Laplace C, Wang KZ, Bachler MA, Amano H, Aburatani H, Ishikawa H, Wagner EF. (2004). NFAT rescues osteoclastogenesis in precursors lacking c-Fos. J. Biol. Chem. 279: 26475-80.
- Gastman B, Wang K, Han J, Zhu ZY, Huang X, Wang GQ, Rabinowich H, *Gorelik. (2004). A novel apoptotic pathway as defined by lectin cellular initiation. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 316: 263-271.
- Ye C, Feng C, Wang S, Wang KZ, Huang N, Liu X, Lin Y, *Li M. (2004). sFlt-1 gene therapy of follicular thyroid carcinoma.Endocrinology, 145: 817-822.
- Huang XJ, Wong M, Zhu Z, Wang ZQ, Huang N, Gorelik E, and Li MF. (2001). Soluble recombinant endostatin purified from E. Coli: Antiangiogenic activity and antitumor effect, Cancer Research, 61: 478-48.1
- Wang LH, Wang ZQ, Su W, Nie L, Yang Y, Wu X, Luo C. (1996). Preparation of calcitonin from porcine thyroid. Chinese J. Biochem. Pharmaceutics, 17: 68-69.
- Wang ZQ, Gu X. (1988). Purification of calmodulin by preparative PAGE from bovine testis. Guangdon Biochem. Commun., 5: 16-18.