Surgical Pathology Clinical Fellowship Program
- Mission Statement
- General Surgical Pathology Fellowship
- Eligibility Requirements
- General Surgical Pathology Environment
- Activities and Duties
NOTE: ALL POSITIONS FOR 2016-2017 AND 2017-2018 ARE FILLED.
Mission StatementThe Department of Pathology offers general surgical pathology fellowship training. The mission of this training program is:
- To teach the fellow the proper means of examining a broad spectrum of surgical specimens, ranging from small biopsies to extended radical procedures.
- To gain confidence in performing operating room consutations (frozen sections) and interacting with surgeons.
- To understand the necessity of clinical-pathological correlation of surgical pathology specimens in order for the pathologist to become a respected member of the "health care team".
- To be aware of and provide new techniques and methodologies that might impact on patient care and prognosis.
Sheldon Bastacky, MD
Director, Surgical Pathology Fellowship Program
Department of Pathology
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office Telephone: 412-647-9612
Office Fax: 412-647-0287
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org