Wells' Lab - Jareer KassisDepartment of Pathology
Birmingham, AL 35294-0007
Department of Pathology
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
|Institution||Degree||Conferred||Field of study|
|Earlham College||BA||1995||Biology & Chemistry|
|Univ Alabama at Birmingham||PhD||anticipated 2001||Pathology|
Pre-Graduate Research Experience
|Mar-Jun, 1993||Studies of Mercury in Fish in the Environment of Richmond, Indiana||
Wilmer Stratton, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry, Earlham College
|Aug-Dec, 1993||Kinetics of Water Loss in Embryos of Drosophila melanogaster||
Paul Schreuders, Ph.D., and Peter Mazur,
Cryobiology Group, Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Graduate Laboratory Rotations
|Sep-Dec, 1995||Methods in Constructing a cDNA Library for Adipocytes||
Robert Hardy, Ph.D
Department of Pathology, UAB
|Jan-Apr, 1996||Role of TNFa in the Proliferation of Human Bladder and Prostate Cells||Ada
Department of Comparative Medicine, UAB
Publications1. PD Schreuders, J Kassis, KW Cole, U Schneider, AP Mahowald, and P Mazur. 1996. Kinetics of Embryo Drying in Drosophila melanogaster as a Function of the Steps of Permeabilization: Experimental. Journal of Insect Physiology. 42: 501-516
2. PD Schreuders, J Kassis, and P Mazur. 1996. Kinetics of Embryo Drying in Drosophila melanogaster as a Function of the Steps of Permeabilization: Theoretical. Journal of Insect Physiology. 42: 603-615
3. T Turner, M Van Epps-Fung, J Kassis, A Wells 1997. Molecular inhibition of PLCg signaling abrogates DU-145 prostate tumor cell invasion. Clinical Cancer Research. 3: 2275-2282
4. H Kim, T Turner, J Kassis, A Wells. 1999. EGF receptor signaling in prostate development. Histology and Histopathology. 14: 1175-1182
5. J Kassis, J Moellinger, H Lo, N Greenberg, H Kim, A Wells. 1999. A role for PLCg-mediated signaling in tumor cell invasion. Clinical Cancer Research. 5: 2251-2260
6. J Kassis, DA Lauffenburger, T Turner, A Wells. 2001. Tumor invasion as dysregulated cell motility. Seminars in Cancer Biology, 11: 105-117
7. E Manos, M Kim, J Kassis, P Chang, A Wells, D Jones. 2001 Dolichol-phosphate-mannose-3 (DPM3)/prostin-1 is a novel phospholipase C-g regulated gene negatively associated with prostate tumor invasion. Oncogene, 20: 2781-2790
8. J Kassis, R Radinsky, A Wells. 2001. Invasiveness of a bladder cancer cell line requires induced migration. International Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Submitted.
9. J Kassis, A Maeda, N Teramoto, K Takada, G Klein, A Wells. 2001. EBV-expressing AGS gastric carcinoma cell sublines present increased motility and invasiveness. In preparation.
10. J Kassis, S Kloecker, E Manos, D Jones, A Wells. Prostate Cancer progression correlates with uPAR upregulation. In preparation.
Abstracts1. J Kassis, J Moellinger, H Lo, H Kim, N Greenberg, A Wells. A Role for PLCg-mediated signaling in tumor cell invasion. Proceedings, American Association for Cancer Research 90th annual meeting, #692. April, 1999 (Oral Presentation)
2. J Kassis, J Moellinger, H Lo, H Kim, A Wells. PLCg signaling is critical for tumor cell invasion. Academy of Clinical Laboratory Scientists annual meeting, #3-3. June, 1999. (Oral Presentation)3. J Kassis, D Jones, A Wells. Prostate cancer progression correlates with uPAR upregulation. Proceedings, American Association for Cancer Research 91st annual meeting, #125. April, 2000.
4. J Kassis, R Radinsky, A Wells. Invasiveness of a bladder cancer cell line requires induced migration. Proceedings, American Association for Cancer Research 92nd annual meeting, #298. March, 2001.