Clinical Flow Cytometry LaboratoryThe Clinical Flow Cytometry Laboratory is a state-of-the-art facility utilizing up to 8-color flow cytometric analysis and offering the following test menu:
- Hematolymphoid neoplasms (including leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, SÚzary syndrome, other).
- Minimal residual disease testing for ALL
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH)
- Chronic granulomatous disease (CGD) / neutrophil oxidative burst assay (NOBA)
- T-lymphocyte subset evaluation / CD4 count
- Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS) related lymphocyte analysis
Reports of evaluation for possible hematolymphoid malignancy, PNH and CGD include interpretation by a hematopathologists and are faxed as soon as they are signed out. Lymph node samples include a basic diagnostic evaluation. Telephone communication is encouraged and we are always prepared to discuss diagnostic dilemmas. Please review the Test Specifications for information about hours of operation, specimen requirements, and shipping instructions.
- Requisition for Bone Marrow/Blood/Body Fluid Specimens
- Requisition for Lymph Node/Solid Tissue Specimens
- Instructions for Requisitions for Hematopathology Testing Services
Ms. Wendy Miller
Lead Technologist, Clinical Flow Cytometry Laboratory
Mr. Ralph Nauman
Administrative Director, UPMC Specialty Laboratories
We would also be happy to discuss the other hematologic tests we offer such as cytochemical/immunocytochemical stains or our complete bone marrow and solid tissue hematopathology consultation services. We are also able to forward portions of samples to the Molecular & Genomic Pathology Laboratory (Dr. Y. Nikiforov, Vice Chair) for any molecular testing desired or to the Pittsburgh Cytogenetics Laboratory located at UPMC Magee Women's Hospital (Dr. U. Surti, Director) for any cytogenetic tests you may wish to order.