Pathology Graduate Training Program
Name: Jianping Zhao
Cellular and Molecular Pathology (CMP) -
Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree Year: 1998
Undergraduate Institution: Shanxi Medical University
Undergraduate Major: Clinic Medicine
Academic Status: 5th Year
Graduate Program: Experimental Pathology
Thesis Advisor: Chuanyue Wu
Thesis Title/Research Topic: The signalling pathway of ILK-Pinch1-Parvin Complex regulating cell survival
Current Research Description: ILK-Pinch1-Parvin Complex has been proven to be function as a signalilng platform for integrin-mediated mechanisms, such as cell survival, cell adhesion and proliferation. Among them, we have found that apoptosis will be induced in pinch1 knock-down cell. In addition,Pinch1 knockout mice are shown to be embryonic lethal. These results indicated the essential role of Pinch1 in cell survival. However, the downstream signalling pathway of Pinch1 remains largely unknown. My current research project is to figure out the key molecules mediating this survival signalling of Pinch1.
- Yuzhang Wu, Jianping Zhao*, et al. Mimovirus: A Novel Form of Vaccine Inducing HBV-Specific Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Responses in vivo. J.Virol.2002,76 (20):10264-10269;(*shared first author, please refer to 'Acknowledgement')
- Hongli Liu, Yuzhang Wu, Jianping Zhao,et al. Effective elicitation of anti-tumor immunity by collocation of antigen with encoding gene in the same vaccine. Immunol Letter. 2003, 89(2-3):167-73.
- Yuzhang Wu, Yin Wan, Jiang Bian, Jianping Zhao, et al.Phage display particles expressing tumor-specific antigens induce preventive and therapeutic anti-tumor immunity in murine p815 model. Int. J. Cancer, 2002,98(5):748-53;
- Jianping Zhao, et al. The molecular design of mimovirus and its effect of inducing CTL responses. Scan. J. Immunol, 2001,54 (s1),125;(Abstract for the 11th International Congress of Immunology, Stockholm, Sweden);
- Jianping Zhao. Advances in the tumor immunology based on the mouse P815 mastocytoma tumor model. Immunological Journal.2001,17(3s):63-67. (Review in Chinese);
- Jianping Zhao, et al. The adjuvant effects of CpG-containing oligodeoxynucleotide on immunization with tumor-specific peptide P815AB. Academic Journal of Third Military Medical University. 2000,22 (10),954-957; (In Chinese);
- Jianping Zhao. The progress of methods to predicate CTL epitopes.Academic Journal of Third Military Medical University.2000,22(10),9988-992;(Review in Chinese);
- Jianping Zhao. The methodological development of identifying human tumor antigen. Foreign Medical Sciences: Cancer Section.2000, 27(4): 221-225; (Review in Chinese).