Molecular Diagnostics -- Abdominal Pain
B-cell lymphoma without Bcl-2 gene rearrangement.
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain rearrangement
- Bcl-2 gene rearrangement
- DNA purification
- The heavy chain gene shows 2 bands of clonal gene
- rearrangement. The Bcl-2 gene is normal at the mbr and mcr loci.
- The lesion probably contains a single clone of
- neoplastic B-cells with diallelic gene rearrangement. The clonal
- B-cells comprise the majority of cells in the tissue specimen.
- The absence of Bcl-2 gene rearrangement indicates that this
- marker cannot be used for the assessment of dissemination or
- residual disease.