First Annual Cytology Forum
the First Annual Cytology Forum
10/17/2012 - 9:00 am
Learning Objectives for CME/CE PresentationsAt the conclusion of these courses, attendees will be able to:
- recognize morphology of thyroid cytology in each category of the Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology and use each category in a consistent manner
- recognize common benign and malignant conditions identified in urine cytology
- understand the EBUS procedure, how to evaluate cytology samples collected during EBUS FNAs, and common benign and malignant conditions that can be identified
- Pathology Residents/Fellows
- Geeta Mantha, PhD
Program Manager, Molecular and Anatomic Pathology, UPMC
- Fiona Craig, MD
Medical Director of the Clinical Flow Cytometry Laboatory
- N. Paul Ohori, MD
Professor, Director of Cytopathology, UPMC Presbyterian
- Nancy Mauser, SCT (ASCP)
Cytology Manager, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
- Beth Mosley, SCT (ASCP)
Cytology Supervisor, UPMC Presbyterian
- Jackie Cuda, SCT (ASCP)
Cytology Supervisor, UPMC Shadyside
- Jonee Matsko, SCT (ASCP)
Supervisor, Molecular Testing, Cytology, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
- Susan Kelly
Manager, Shadyside Anatomic Pathology, QA, UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside
- Luke Wiehagen
Business Analyst, Pathology, QA/QC Division
- Georgene Kukich
Financial Analyst, Pathology, Lab Admin/QA-Billing
- Sara Monaco, MD
Assistant Professor, Cytopathology, UPMC Shadyside
- Walid Khalbuss, MD, PhDAssociate Professor, Director of Cytopathology, UPMC Shadyside
- 8:30-9:00 - Registration (coffee and pastries)
- 9:00-9:30 - Molecular Testing on Cytology Cases - Geeta Mantha, PhD
- 9:30-10:00 - Flow Cytometry and Cytology Specimens - Fiona Craig, MD
- 10:00-11:00 - Borders of the AUS/FLUS (LUS) Diagnosis in Thyroid Cytopathology - N. Paul Ohori, MD
- 11:00-11:30 - CAP Checklist Updates - Nancy Mauser, SCT (ASCP), Beth Mosley, SCT (ASCP)
- 11:30-12:00 - HPV Updates - Jonee Matsko, SCT (ASCP)
- Lunch - Provided by Hologic
- 1:00-1:30 - Cytology Research at UPMC
- 1:30-2:00 - Quality Assurance in the Cytology Lab - Susan Kelly, Luke Wiehagen
- 2:30-3:00 - Cytology Billing - Bring your questions! - Georgene Kukich
- 3:00-4:00 - "A Fine Approach to the Mediastinum: The Diagnosis of Mediasti-nal Lesions by EBUS/EUS Guided FNA" - Sara Monaco, MD
- 4:00-5:00 - "Urine Cytology Made Easy" - Walid Khalbuss, MD, PhD
Special ThanksSpecial Thanks to Dennis J. Wilkinson, CT(ASCP) of Hologic, Inc.
CME AccreditationThe University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals are awarded 0.3 continuing education units (CEUs) which are equal to 3.0 contact hours.
The University of Pittsburgh, as an educational institution and as an employer, values equality of opportunity, human dignity and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Accordingly, the University prohibits and will not engage in discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam era. Further, the University will continue to take affirmative steps to support and advance these values consistent with the University’s mission. This policy applies to admissions, employment, access to and treatment in University programs and activities. This is a commitment made by the University and is in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations. For information on University equal opportunity and affirmative action programs and compliant/grievance procedures, please contact: William A. Savage, Assistant to the Chancellor and Director of Affirmative Action (and Title IX and 504 Coordinator), Office of Affirmative Action, 901 William Pitt Union, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, (412) 648-7860.
Participation by all individuals is encouraged. Advance notification of any special needs will help us provide better service. Please notify us of your needs at least two weeks in advance of the program by calling Jackie Cuda at 412-623-2331.
Faculty for this activity have been required to disclose all relationships with any proprietary entity producing health care goods or services.