Yen-Chun Liu, MD, PhD, MS
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Yen-Chun Liu is a member of the Division of Hematopathology.
200 Lothrop Street, Room G318
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office Telephone: 412-692-2090|
- MD - National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, 2002
- MS - Harvard University, School of Public Health, Boston, MA, 2003
- PhD - Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 2008
- Residency - NIH Clinical Center, Bethesda, MD, 2011
- Fellowship - Hematopathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY, 2012
- Fellowship - Molecular Genetic Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 2013
Clinical ExpertiseHematopathology, Molecular Hematopathology
Research InterestsDr. Liu's interests have been using a combination of immunophenotypic and molecular genetic approaches to characterize hematologic malignancies. She has been extensively involved in the application of next generation sequencing in clinical molecular pathology laboratory.
- 2013, Diplomate, American Board of Pathology, Molecular Genetic Pathology
- 2012, Diplomate, American Board of Pathology, Hematology
- 2011, Diplomate, American Board of Pathology, Anatomic Pathology
- Olivier E, Rennert H, Eng K, Zhang T, Tan A, Xiang J, Romanel A, Kim R, Tam W, Liu YC, Bhinder B, Cytra J, Beltran H, Robinson B, Mosquera JM, Fernandes H, Demichelis F, Sboner A, Kluk M, Mark RA. Development and Validation of a Whole Exome Sequencing Test-1 (EXaCT-1) for Simultaneous Detection of Point Mutation, Indels and Copy Number Alterations for Precision Cancer Care. npj Genomic Medicine. Accepted.
- Pizzi M, Covey S, Mathew S, Liu YC, Ruan J, Leonard JP, Chadburn A. Hepatosplenic T-cell Lymphoma mimicking Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma and Leukemia. 2016 Mar;16(3):e47-50.
- Lu M, Xia L, Liu YC, Hochman T, Bizzari L, Aruch D, Lew J, Weinberg R, Goldberg JD, Hoffman R. Lipocalin produced by myelofibrosis cells affects the fate of both hematopoietic and marrow microenvironmental cells. Blood. 2015 Aug 20;126(8):972-82.
- Subramaniyam S, Geyer JT, Liu YC, Mathew S. A translocation t(2;14)(p11.2;q32) involving rearrangements of immunoglobulin heavy chain and kappa light chain genes in B-cell lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2015 May 12:1-3.
- Geyer JT, Subramaniyam S, Jiang Y, Elemento O, Ferry JA, de Leval L, Nakashima MO, Liu YC, Martin P, Mathew S, Orazi A, Tam W. Lymphoblastic transformation of follicular lymphoma: a clinicopathologic and molecular analysis of 7 patients. Hum Pathol. 2015 Feb;46(2):260-71.
- Rogers HJ, Vardiman JW, Anastasi J, Raca G, Savage NM, Cherry AM, Arber D, Moore E, Morrissette JJ, Bagg A, Liu YC, Mathew S, Orazi A, Lin P, Wang SA, Bueso-Ramos CE, Foucar K, Hasserjian RP, Tiu RV, Karafa M, Hsi ED. Complex or monosomal karyotype and not blast percentage is associated with poor survival in acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome patients with inv(3)(q21q26.2)/t(3;3)(q21;q26.2): a Bone Marrow Pathology Group study. Haematologica. 2014 May;99(5):821-9.
- Aung PP*, Liu YC*, Ballester LY, Robbins PF, Rosenberg SA, Lee CC. Expression of NY-ESO-1 in primary and metastatic malignant melanoma. Human Pathology. 2014 Feb;45(2):259-67. (The first 2 authors contributed equally to this work.)
- Liu YC, Liu YF, Knowles DM, Orazi A, Tam W. Aberrantly Sustained PAX5 Expression in Plasma Cell Differentiation Is a Frequent Feature in Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma but Not Marginal Zone Lymphoma in Bone Marrow. Journal of Hematopathology, 2013 Dec, 6(4):169-177.
- Lai JP*, Liu YC*, Quezado M, Liu QY, Aung PP, Matsuda K, Lee CC, Tsokos M, Hewitt S, Rushing EJ, Tamura D, Levens DL, DiGiovanna JJ, Fine HA, Patronas N, Khan SG, Kleiner DE, Oberholtzer JC*, Kraemer KH*.The influence of DNA repair on neurologic degeneration, cachexia, skin cancer and internal neoplasms: autopsy report of four xeroderma pigmentosum patients (XP-A, XP-C and XP-D). Acta Neuropathologica Communications, 2013 May 8;1(1):4. (The first 2 authors contributed equally to this work.)