Matthew T. Then, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Then is a member of the Division of Community Pathology and a pathologist at UPMC East.
2775 Mosside Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
Office Telephone: 412-357-3108
- BS - University of Pittsburgh, 2002
- MD - Penn State University College of Medicine, 2007
Clinical ExpertiseDr. Then's interests include the diagnosis of benign, pre-malignant, and malignant neoplasia of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, breast, gynecologic, and thoracic organs. He is also interested hematology and coagulation aspects of the clinical laboratory.
Board certified (American Board of Pathology) in Anatomical and Clinical Pathology
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (AP/CP residency, The Penn State University Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, 2007-2011)
- Oncologic surgical pathology (oncologic surgical pathology fellowship, The Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, 2011-2012)
Selected PublicationsView Dr. Then's publications on PubMed
- Tappouni R, El-Kady R, Raman J, Then M, Sarwani N. Renal Neuroectodermal Tumor Presenting with Hematuria. Radiology Case 2010 Jul; 4(7):12-20.
- Then M, Mark Boustred A, Clarke LE. Keratoacanthomatous Hyperplasia in Response to a Tattoo. Dermatol Surg 2009;35:685–686.