Huazhang Guo, MD
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Guo is Assistant Professor of Pathology in the Department of Pathology at UPMC Shadyside Hospital.
Department of Pathology
UPMC Shadyside Hospital
5150 Centre Avenue
POB2, Suite 201.5
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Office Phone: (412) 623-1345
Fax: (412) 682-4779
- MD - Fourth Military Medical University, China, 1993
- PhD - Fourth Military Medical University, China, 1999
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Clinical ExpertiseDr. Guo's clinical interests include pathology informatics and digital imaging. He is also interested in cytopathology and bone and soft tissue surgical pathology.
Research ExpertiseDr. Guo is interested in digital image processing, analysis, and computer vision.
Selected PublicationsView Dr. Guo's publications on PubMed
- Huazhang Guo, Shiquan Jiang, William Lam, Junaid Ibrahim, David Zhang, Janina Longtine, and Fei Ye. LOCHI: a suite of R programs to automate chimerism analysis. In USCAP 2015 Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, USA, March 2015.
- Huazhang Guo, John Andrew Carlson, and Andrzej Slominski. Role of trpm in melanocytes and melanoma. Exp Dermatol, 21(9):650–4, Sep 2012.
- Huazhang Guo, Humayun Islam, Alex Braun, and Fouzia Shakil. Isolated intracranial myeloid sarcoma mimicking lymphoblastic lymphoma in a 2 years-old girl. In CAP'11, Grapevine, Texas, USA, September 2011.
- Tamotsu Tsukahara, Ryoko Tsukahara, Yuko Fujiwara, Junming Yue, Yunhui Cheng, Huazhang Guo, Alyssa Bolen, Chunxiang Zhang, Louisa Balazs, Fabio Re, Guangwei Du, Michael A Frohman, Daniel L Baker, Abby L Parrill, Ayako Uchiyama, Tetsuyuki Kobayashi, Kimiko Murakami-Murofushi, and Gabor Tigyi. Phospholipase d2-dependent inhibition of the nuclear hormone receptor ppargamma by cyclic phosphatidic acid. Mol Cell, 39(3):421–32, Aug 2010. PMCID: PMC3446787.