Jeffrey L. Fine, MD
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Fine is a member of the Division of Breast and Gynecologic Pathology. He is also the Director, Subdivision of Advanced Imaging and Image Analysis (Pathology Informatics).
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
300 Halket Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office Telephone: 412-641-8561
- MD - Ohio State University, 2000
- Surgical Pathology (Breast and Gynocologic Pathology)
- Image Analysis
- Clinical applications of image analysis, including multispectral image analysis.
- Whole Slide Imaging, Telepathology, and Virtual Microscopy workflow.
- Automation of pathology workflow and laboratory information systems (LIS).
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
Selected PublicationsView Dr. Fine's publications on PubMed
Fine JL. Comment on "Modified full-field optical coherence tomography: A novel tool for rapid histology of fresh tissues". J Pathol Inform. 2011;2:28. [invited, peer-reviewed editorial]
Fine JL, Kagemann L, Wollstein G, Ishikawa H, Schuman JS. Direct scanning of pathology specimens using spectral domain optical coherence tomography: a pilot study. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010; 41:S58-S64.
Fine JL, Grzybicki DM, Silowash R, Ho J, Gilbertson JR, Anthony L, Wilson R, Parwani AV, Bastacky SI, Epstein JI, Jukic DM. Evaluation of Whole Slide Image Immunohistochemistry Interpretation in Challenging Prostate Needle Biopsies. Hum Pathol. 39(4):564-72. 2008. (Epub 2008 Jan 30).
Horbinski C, Fine JL, Medina-Flores R, Yagi Y, Wiley CA. Telepathology for Intraoperative Neuropathologic Consultations at an Academic Medical Center: A 5-Year Report. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol, 66(8):750-9. 2007.