Amy W. Davis, MD
Dr. Davis is a member of the Division of Pediatric Pathology.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Department of Pathology, B259
Children's Hosptial of Pittsburgh
One Children's Hospital Drive
4401 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Office Telephone: 412-692-7811
Lab Telephone: 412-692-5650
- BS - Kansas State University, 1995
- MD - Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine (TTUHSC), Lubbock, 2001
Clinical ExpertiseMy personal areas of interest are pediatric dermatopathology and vascular lesions. As a pediatric pathologist, our field is broad and encompasses all organ systems as well as transplant, cytology and autopsy pathology with specific focus on tumors and diseases unique to the pediatric population.
Research InterestsOngoing research projects include collaboration with pediatric infectious disease, gastrointestinal, and renal colleagues on projects related to Lyme disease, pancreatitis, and slit diaphragm integrity, respectively.
- Pediatric Pathology specialty certification
- Combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Awards and Honors
- Research Fellowship Grant, Research Advisory Committee, CHP
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship
- Center for Basic Cancer Research Scholarship (undergraduate)
- Society of Pediatric Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Selected PublicationsView Dr. Davis's publications on PubMed
Campfield B, Nolder C, Davis A, Hirsch R, Nowalk A. The DBA/1 Strain is a Novel Mouse Model for Experimental Borrelia burgdorferi Infection. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology. 2012 Oct; 19(10): 1567-73.
Villasenor-Park J, Davis A, Singh S, Zuckerbraun N, Green M, Gehris R. (2012), Group A Streptococcal Panniculitis. Pediatric Dermatology. 10.1111/j.1525-1470.2012.01816.x. Shiose A, Takaseya T, Kim HI, Kobayashi M, Horai T, Rao S, Arakawa Y, Fujiki M, McCarthy MA, Liu Y, Lewandowski JJ, Davis A, Fukamachi K. In Vivo Evaluation of a New Surfactant Polymer Coating Mimicking the Glycocalyx of Endothelial Cells. ASAIO J. 2011 Sep-Oct;57(5):395-8. Davis AW, Heavner JE. Polypharmacy, Age, and Scheduled Surgery. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 14(5):329-34 (2002).