Pathology Graduate Training Program
Name: Laura Voeghtly
Cellular and Molecular Pathology (CMP) -
Undergraduate Degree: BS
Undergraduate Degree Year: 2000
Undergraduate Institution: Pennsylvania State University
Undergraduate Major: BioBehavioral Health
Academic Status: 5th Year
Graduate Program: Experimental Pathology
Thesis Advisor: Tim Oury, M.D., Ph.D.
Thesis Title/Research Topic:
Current Research Description: Characterization of protease activation peptides and their potential as diagnostic markers of disease
Undergraduate Honors: BioBehavioral Health Honor Society
Graduate Honors: Clinical and Translational Science Predoctoral Fellowship
- Assaad A, Voeghtly L, Hunt JL. Thyroidectomies from patients with history of therapeutic radiation during childhood and adolescence have a unique mutational profile. Modern Pathology.21(9):1176-82, 2008
- Tan RJ, Fattman CL, Niehouse LM, Tobolewski JM, Hanford LE, Li Q, Monzon FA, Parks WC, Oury TD.Matrix metalloproteinases promote inflammation and fibrosis in asbestos-induced lung injury in mice.Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 35(3):289-97, 2006.
- Sheikh HA, Tometsko J, Niehouse L, Aldeeb D, Swalsky P, Finkelstein S, Hunt JL. Molecular Genotyping of Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma Can Predict Tumor Recurrence. American Journal of Surgical Pathology. 28(1):101-6, 2004.
- Hunt JL, Fowler MH, Lomago D, Niehouse L, Sasatomi E, Swalsky P, Finkelstein S. Tumor Suppressor Gene Allelic Loss Profiles of the Variants of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. Diagnostic Molecular Pathology. 13(1):41-46, 2004.
- Mohan D, R Pal, E Sasatomi, D Lomago, L Niehouse, PA Swalsky, SD Finkelstein, Molecular Parameters Assists Surgical Neuropathology Diagnosis And Prediction Of Biological Aggressiveness In Gliomas, Platform presentation. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 93rd Annual Meeting. Modern Pathology / Laboratory Investigation. 318A-1337; January 2004.
- Hunt JL, Swalsky P, Sasatomi E, Niehouse L, Bakker A, Finkelstein SD. A microdissection and molecular genotyping assay to confirm the identity of tissue floaters in paraffin embedded tissue blocks. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. 127(2):213-217, 2003.
- Hunt JL, LiVolsi VA, Baloch ZW, Barnes EL, Swalsky PA, Niehouse L, Finkelstein SD. Microscopic papillary thyroid carcinoma compared with clinical carcinomas by loss of heterozygosity mutational profile. American Journal of Surgical Pathology. 27(2):159-66, 2003.
- Sheikh H, Cieply K, Tometsko M, Niehouse L, Aldeeb D, Swalsky P, Finkelstein S, Hunt JL. Molecular mutational analysis of medullary thyroid carcinoma. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 92nd Annual Meeting; Washington, D.C. Modern Pathology, 16(1):109A; January 2003.
- Sasatomi E, Aldeeb D, Swalsky PA, Niehouse L, Hunt JL, Finkelstein SD. Prediction of recurrence and survival of node positive breast cancer using mutational load and heterogeneity of lymph node deposits. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 92nd Annual Meeting; Washington, D.C. Modern Pathology, 16(1): 46A; January 2003.
- Halpern M, Lomago D, Niehouse L, Sasatomi E, Swalsky P, Finkelstein S, Hunt JL. Mutational profiling of the variants of papillary thyroid carcinoma and implications for clinical prognosis. Association of Molecular Pathology Meeting, November 2002; Dallas, TX. Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, 4(4); 254; 2002.
- Davie JR, LiVolsi VA, Baloch ZW, Barnes EL, Swalsky PA, Niehouse LM, Sasatomi E, Finkelstein SD, Hunt JL. Relative genetic homogeneity within papillary thyroid carcinomas and their lymph node metastases. Platform presentation. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 91st Annual Meeting; Chicago, IL. Modern Pathology. 15(1); 113A; January 2002.
- Finkelstein SD, Rolston R, Sasatomi E, Swalsky PA, Niehouse L, Hunt JL. Microdissection mutational genotyping corrects TNM staging and improves prognostication of hepatocellualr carcinoma. Association of Molecular Pathology Meeting, October 2001. Philadelphia, PA. Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, 3(3); August 2001.